What happens to all of these Freddy Points?
Well, several things, all of them good!
First and foremost, we have absurdly cute Freddy bobble heads. Everyone who accumulates at least 10 Freddy Points by the end of the Freddy year (Freddy years end 3/31) will receive one. Freddy bobble heads are not for sale and there is no way to get one other than obtaining points as part of the game.
So, you want a bobble head?
Then find Freddy!! And post. Make sure to start each post with #ifoundfreddy.
You can also accumulate Freddy Points and use them for swag discounts where applicable. Basically, it depends where you are playing and if the race has swag. Check with your local race director on this particular item. As a guideline, for The American Odyssey Relay you will receive 10% off any merchandise order for every 25 points you accumulate (up to a maximum of 50% off per item)!
Additionally, we will be keeping overall score of the Freddy Points. The person with the most Freddy Points in each location as of 3/31/17 will be deemed the winner.
First place for the American Odyssey Relay and the Rock the Creek Relay wins:
- A 50% discount on their next race entry for any of our relays;
- VIP parking at all of our races for the following calendar year;
- The right to register before all other teams thereby guaranteeing access to the early registration swag being offered;
- The right to register volunteers before any other teams thereby guaranteeing you get the slots you desire;
- Inclusion as a judge in the next year’s I Found Freddy contest; and
- Input into our design of the following year’s medals and swag.
Second place for the American Odyssey Relay and the Rock the Creek Relay wins:
- A 25% discount on the next race entry for any of our relays;
- VIP parking at all of our races for the following year;
- The right to register before all other teams thereby guaranteeing access to the early registration swag being offered; and
- The right to register volunteers before any other teams thereby guaranteeing you get the slots you desire.
First place at all other non-relay events win a free registration to the following year’s race and is eligible for other prizes on a race by race basis. Please follow your local race I Found Freddy Facebook Group page for details.
Everyone who gets at least 2 Freddy Points will receive an I Found Freddy car magnet. Everyone who gets at least 5 Freddy Points will receive an I Found Freddy t-shirt! And, the Top Ten participants will be listed on the leaderboard during the entire game.
So, here’s a quick Freddy Point cheat sheet:
- Find Freddy during one of our races and post to the appropriate Facebook Group for your city and you will receive two Freddy points–more for a very clever post
- Post likes — One additional point for each 10 likes
- Find Freddy in a store, bar or one of our other partners—Worth 4 or more points depending upon the creativity of your post and, again, points are only awarded if you post to the appropriate Facebook Group page.
- Find Freddy on a website for one of our sponsors or charities—Points to be earned will be determined when we give you clues about the Freddies hiding in these sites. Stay tuned!